Woman gets bitten on bottom by carpet python in TOILET
By Practical Parenting team
January 24 2019
A Queensland woman got more than she bargained for when she attempted to use the toilet and was bitten on the bottom by a carpet python snake.
Helen Richards was at her sister-in-law’s Brisbane home when it happened earlier this week.
“I felt this sharp tap and a little bit of pain. I thought it was a green frog, but then I thought green frogs don't have teeth,” she told The Courier Mail.
“I jumped up with my pants down and turned around to see what looked like a longneck turtle receding back into the bowl,” she added.
The snake bit her hard enough to draw blood but thankfully carpet pythons are not poisonous.
Mrs Richards closed the toilet lid and placed two plant pots on top before calling a snake catcher, Jasmine Zeleny.
Ms Zeleny successfully removed the snake and relocated it to a nearby creek.
Mrs Richards had a tetanus shot as a precaution and a gin and tonic to settle her nerves.