Softest and smoothest play dough make in your slow cooker
'I'll never buy store made ever again'
By Eliza Scanlan
February 07 2020
It's the homemade play dough recipe that has gone viral.
Posted on the incredible facebook page Slow Cooker & Tips page is the softest and smoothest homemade play dough recipe ever!
All you need is 5 ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, and a slow cooker.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tsp food colouring (optional)
- few drops of peppermint oil (optional)
- Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the water, oil and food colouring.
- Pour dry ingredients mix into the slow cooker bowl, add wet ingredients mix and combine thoroughly.
- Place tea towel under lid and cook on HIGH for 45-60mins, stirring often for the first half hour of cooking time, then once or twice for remaining cooking time.
Dough will be done when it forms and no longer sticks to the sides of your slow cooker.
You can test this by taking a small amount out, form into ball and cool in freezer for a few minutes. When it's ready this won't stick to your fingers when you handle it. This small test ball can then be returned to the mix.
Remove complete mix from slow cooker, knead and place in container to cool.
When cool, store in fridge in your plastic air tight container.
This makes 1kg of play dough.
Vary the colours you use to make various coloured doughs. Add glitter for extra sparkle if desired.
Need a simple set and forget dinner? Why not try our Rice Cooker Macaroni Cheese recipe!