How to make perfect pancakes!
An easy recipe for basic pancakes that you can get on the table in minutes!
By Janelle Bloom
November 04 2018
We've all had to whip up a batch of pancakes in minutes and this recipe is a sure-fire favourite. Easy and tasty - everyone will give them a big thumbs up! They're sure to be eaten as fast as you can cook them.
1. For best results, all ingredients should be at room temperature so they mix evenly. Sift 1 cup of self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup of caster sugar.
2. Whisk 1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and 1/4 cup of melted butter together in a jug until well combined. Pour in buttermilk mixture and stir until the batter is smooth.
3. It should resemble a thick cake batter, as above. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a clean dry non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. It's ready when you flick cold water from your fingers onto the base, they should sizzle immediately and dance around before they disappear. If they evaporate immediately, the pan is too hot; if they just sit there without sizzling, the pan is not hot enough.
5. Brush the base of the pan with oil or butter, then drop the batter from the tip of a large spoon, holding it just above the surface of the pan. Spread to the desired size with the tip of the spoon.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until some bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until golden underneath.
7. Stack and add berries and maple syrup. Eat!