The 33 worst baby names ever
Reddit users share the dodgiest monikers they’ve heard
By Practical Parenting team
August 17 2018
Choosing a baby name is always tricky, you need to pick something that they can live with for the rest of their lives.
Baby name expert Sherri Suzanne spoke to the Daily Star about the dangers of ‘unusual’ names.
“I caution parents that in an effort to make children stand out, they can also make it harder to fit in. Resist picking names that form jokes, puns, rhymes, or phrases that have strong negative associations.”
“In an attempt to express individuality, it’s best not to create obscure and convoluted spellings."
In a Reddit thread, people were asked to share the worst baby names they had ever heard.
From crazy spellings to ‘blended’ names and mispronounced words, here they are…
1. Aliviyah (pronounced Olivia)
3. Mhavryck (pronounced Maverick)
6. Little Sweetmeat
9. Harley Quinn (her first name is Harley Quinn)
12. Jarica (parents couldn't decide between Jessica and Erica)
14. Olive Garden (like the restaurant)
16. Cameron (His last name is also Cameron. He’s Cameron Cameron.)
17. Merika (As in, America)
18. C'andre (pronounced see-andre) “The mother claimed ‘I wanted his name to start with a C because his fathers name began with a C’”
21. Orlando “For a girl. It was because of the Virginia Woolf book.”
22. Appaloosa “Yes, for a girl. And yes, like the horse.”
24. Stormy Sea
25. Abcde (pronounced ab-cee-dee)
26. Queen Precious Jewel Earth
27. Stiffany (Stephanie and Tiffany, maybe?)
29. Melanomia “My ex-boyfriend named his daughter Melanomia. Yup. Dodged a bullet.”
30. Keeler “Like vegetable peeler, but with a K.”
What's the worst name you've ever heard?!