'Nutella' Slices! Lunchboxes will never be the same again!
Where will it all end?
By Practical Parenting team
January 30 2019
Forget cheese slices in your kids lunchbox - Nutella-style slices are on their way and the world is going crazy for them!
We first saw these chocolate slices hit the shelves back in 2015, but now word on the street is that these special slices will be hitting your supermarket again soon!
'We keep hearing that Nutella have been trialling an alternative to their traditional spread - and it looks like Nutella Slices is what they'll release next,' says a food insider on-line. 'They're talking about releasing them later in 2019 - it's going to be massive.'
The idea is the brainchild of Bourbon, a Japanese brand well known for its delicious treats, and it’s selling 2-millimetre-thick slices of “rich, deep, melting-in-the-mouth smooth ganache.”
They are the perfect size for any slice of bread...To use this chocolate in your (or you kids') lunchbox, all you do is peel off the plastic film, and it’s good to go — and can be used easily in pastry, on crackers, pancakes and even toast.
The news has sent fans of the famous hazelnut spread into a frenzy, with one commenting: 'Nutella -style slices - what a time to be alive!'
We couldn't agree more...
LOVE NUTELLA? TRY THIS NUTELLA RECIPE!
2 cups plain flour
⅔ cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
¾ cup desiccated coconut
175 g unsalted butter, melted
120 g packet whole skinless hazelnuts
250 g tub sour cream
1 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm (4cm deep) rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, coconut and butter until well combined. Reserve 1 cup of mixture and refrigerate. Press remaining mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until firm to touch. Cool. Place pan on an oven tray.
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well. Pour over base.
- Add hazelnuts to reserved mixture. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove. Cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until cold.
- To serve, cut slice into squares.