Heartbreaking warning over bow headbands after claim 14-week-old baby died.
An emotional Facebook post was shared thousands of times.
By Michelle Connolly
September 18 2019
In a devastating message posted on Facebook has warned parents who are fans of big bow headbands after claims a 14-week-old-baby dies, reported The Mirror.
The little baby girl is said to have suffocated after her bow slipped down and covered her mouth and nose as she was sleeping in her cot.
The post was shared thousands of times on Facebook which read:
“All new mums please be aware. Putting this warning out for all mums who have wee babes and use the big bow headbands on them.
“My friend has sadly just lost her 14 week old daughter whilst she thought she was sleeping in her carry cot after a long walk.
“When she came back to check on her she had the bow headband down over her wee nose and mouth and wasn’t moving… she had passed away.
“Post mortem revealed death due to suffocation asphyxiation
“She wanted me to share for other mums the danger some of the baby fashion accessories can have”.
The Facebook user, from Glasgow, has since been deleted.
Scotland Police said they were unable to confirm the details of the incident.
Main image: Getty Images, not child referred to in story.