Top 10 pregnancy super foods
Food that is good to eat and good for you during pregnancy
By Practical Parenting
June 02 2016
1. Wholemeal bread is a long-term energy provider and full of fibre. It contains some calcium, iron, B vitamins and folic acid.
2. Almost all fruit, whether it is fresh or canned, contain fibre and lots of vitamin C, minerals and anti-oxidants.
3. Dairy foods such as cheese, yoghurt and milk are packed with goodness of calcium, protein and some vitamins.
4. Dark green, leafy, fresh or frozen vegetables are packed with vitamin C, fibre and folic acid.
5. A main source of carbohydrate, potatoes, give long-term energy. They are packed with fibre, some iron and some vitamins.
6. Lean red meat and poultry contain protein, iron and some vitamins and minerals. It helps to cook them with little or no fat, oil or salt.
7. Dried fruit such as apricots is full of iron, fibre, vitamin C and other vitamins, as well as minerals.
8. Fish is a great source of protein – low in fat and high in iron. Try to include two portions a week or omega-3 rich fish such as tuna, trout, salmon or sardines.
9. Wholemeal pasta and brown rice both provide long-term energy as well as lots of fibre.
10. Beans and pulses are excellent sources of fibre and protein. Buy the canned varieties and avoid having to soak them in advance.