Snubbed Prince Harry left shellshocked in LA
"Nothing more than Meghan's plus one."
By New Idea
April 10 2020
According to Duncan Larcombe, a journalist and author of Prince Harry: The Inside Story, shellshocked Harry will be feeling "helpless" and like a "duck out of water" as he finds his feet in a new city.
The prince could even be seen as Meghan's "plus one", rather than a man with his own role.
Speaking to Closer, Duncan added that Harry might be feeling "helpless" not being able to do more for his family as they try to boost the nation's morale during the coronavirus lockdown.
He said: "Harry didn't go to university and he hasn't had much work experience other than being in the army and charity work.
"Being in Hollywood is likely to make him feel like a duck out of water, as it will be tricky for him to find a suitable role."
He added: "I suspect he will be missing home more than ever and feeling a bit helpless,'referring to the efforts other members of the British royal family have been making to raise morale amidst the coronavirus pandemic."
Last month, as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped down from their royal duties their new “out-of-office” email reply came into effect, which revealed they have officially left the building, People reported.
“Many thanks for your email. The office for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has now closed,” the auto-reply message states.
Meghan and Harry shocked the world on January 6 with their bombshell announcement that they wished to step back from their roles as senior royals.
After announcing their last day would be March 31, Harry and Meghan revealed they were letting go of their London staff, as they didn’t plan to keep a Buckingham Palace office.
According to the British publication, the palace issued a statement on Monday that confirmed it will no longer be commenting on enquires relating to Harry and Meghan moving forward.
The statement read: “No other royal communications representatives act on behalf of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, including palace spokespeople, Household representatives nor royal sources.”
Taking to their Sussex Royal account, the Duke and Duchess shared a lengthy message, in which they thanked their “community” while reflecting on the recent global changes.
While they won’t be using the Sussex Royal handle anymore, the royal couple said fans can still expect to hear from them and learn about their important work elsewhere.
“As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute.
“While you may not see us here, the work continues,” the message read.