Mum warns others to 'cut the damn grapes'
After one wound up lodged in the airway of a five-year-old boy.
By Livia Gamble
April 13 2017
A mummy blogger has taken to social media to share another family's frightening story.
Angela Henderson shared the post on the Finlee and Me Facebook page, reminding parents to “cut the damn grapes” after one wound up lodged in the airway of a five-year-old boy.
“Attention Parents,” the post begins.
“Do you know what this X-ray is of? A grape!”
The grape became lodged in the boy’s airway last week and his mother gave Angela permission to share their story.
“This sweet soul had to be operated on, under general anaesthetic to remove the grape” the post continues.
“He is VERY lucky that part of his airway was open or else this could have ended badly.
“Please be careful. And when in doubt just cut the damn grapes, baby tomatoes etc.”
Since posting, the X-ray has been shared over 25,000 times with many people warning their friends.
"As a former paramedic - grapes and hot dogs are the worst for lodging in throats, but anything soft and circular can be deadly. I always encourage anyone I see feeding young kids soft, circular items, to cut the food in half."