Mum finds huge metal hook in son's fairy floss
By Practical Parenting team
October 12 2018
Forget the panic of finding needles inside fruit, this mum was horrified to find a huge metal spike in a bag of fairy floss.
Jessica Holt bought two bags of fairy floss while she was visiting a local fairground. She bought one bag of fairy floss for her mum and one to give to her little boy who wasn't with her at the time.
The 23-year-old said, 'I didn’t see it until I got home. The hook cut my little finger and when I pulled it out it was as big as my hand. ‘I bought one bag for my mum and that bag was supposed to be for my little boy who wasn’t at the fair. Luckily I opened it before I gave it him.’
Jessica, from the UK, is now issuing a warning to mums who buy food from street stalls because of the injury that could be caused and the fact that the fairy floss was unhygienic.