Real Mum's Guide To A Clean House
Forget those unrealistic chore charts on Pinterest.
By Livia Gamble
February 06 2017
Tired of unrealistic chore charts, one mum has taken the time to create her own and parents are loving it.
Meredith Ethington behind the Facebook page, Perfection Pending, put together realistic chore chart for mums.
Below is a look at Meredith’s Real Mum’s Guide to a “Clean” House, broken down into daily, weekly and monthly chores.
A REAL MUM'S GUIDE TO A "CLEAN" HOUSE
- “Close all bedroom doors that way you don’t have to see their unmade beds or dirty underwear.
- Walk into the bathroom and do a smell check – if it doesn’t smell like urine you’re good to go.
- Soak dishes in the sink with soapy water to give the appearance you are going to do them.
- Let the dog clean up the crumbs on the floor. If you don’t have a dog get one.
- Put all papers and mail into a basket on the counter so they have a purpose.
- Pick up stuff off the floor and shove it in a closet.
- Threaten to take away your kids toys daily when you refuse to pick them up.”
- “Check couch cushions for food.
- Smell check in the car for rotting milk or sippy cups.
- Consider washing your sheets but leave them in the washing mashing for three or four days rotting.
- Pile recycling next to the trash can that’s already overflowing.
- Swipe a cleaning wipe across the bathroom counter – this is a must, toothpaste and small children don’t mix.
- Consider vacuuming and mopping but don’t."
- “Consider burning your own house down.
- Spend an entire day cleaning because you are so far behind and it takes you all day
- Forbid your child to come home.
- Release they have to come home.
Now, this is a schedule we can get behind.