How to make fluffy slime!
The easiest fluffy slime recipe
By Frances Sheen
December 20 2018
Have you tried making fluffy slime yet?
It's easy, fun and the kids will LOVE it! We've included two recipes here, one with Borax and one without. Enjoy!
FLUFFY SLIME (with Borax)
1. Put 120ml kids' friendly PVA glue - we love Elmer's glue, which always works - into a bowl.
2. Add 3 pumps of body lotion.
3. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of conditioner.
4. Add shaving foam. For really fluffy slime, add a cup of shaving foam; for medium fluffy slime 1/2 cup; for not so fluffy just add 1/4 cup.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of cornflour.
6. To change colour (optional), add acrylic paint or food colouring until your desired colour is reached.
7. Mix in bowl with spoon until combined.
8. Make your borax* mixture (activator) by combining one teaspoon of borax powder with one cup of water.
9. Add 3 tablespoons of activator (one tablespoon at a time) and about 1/2 cup of shaving foam. You'll know it's ready when it's not sticking to the bowl and you can play with it - if it's too sticky, add more shaving foam (another 1/2 cup) and another 2 tablespoons of activator.
10. Put mixture on a placemat or non-stick table and knead - pulling and stretching it - until it has come together. Then you're ready to play with it!
* Borax is a common household cleaning product. Care should be used when preparing the activator - avoid contact with eyes and mouth. Always have a adult present when preparing.
FLUFFY SLIME (without Borax)
- Put 1/2 cup shampoo and 1/4 cup of cornstarch in a bowl
2. Mix well.
3. Add 3 drops of food coloring (optional).
4. Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Slowly add 5 more tablespoons of water, stirring well after each one.
5. Knead the slime for around 5 minutes.
PRACTICAL PARENTING SLIME TIPS
1. You have to start with the right glue! Make sure you buy PVA craft glue - Elmer’s Glue (available at Woolworths and Spotlight) is a favourite, but Officeworks make a great one too.
2. If your slime is too sticky and isn’t coming away from the bowl or your hands, add more activator. Don’t get scared if your slime needs more activator than the recipe - different glues require different amounts of activators.
3. Store your slime in takeaway food containers, available from any supermarket.
4. Once you’ve mastered your slime, try adding scents (available on eBay and Etsy), small beads and beads. Let your imagination run wild.