Breaking: Woolworths supermarket launches Community 'click and collect' at hundreds of stores
And you can collect on behalf of someone else.
Editor / April 06 2020
Retail giant Woolworths supermarket has announced ‘Community Pick up’ for vulnerable customers who have applied for Priority Assistance.
700 pick up locations are now open. Pick up has replaced the old ‘click and collect’ way of shopping. This service is also free.
Says Woolworths: “Community Pick Up is now available in 700 selected locations to allow Priority Assistance customers to place an order online for someone to pick up on their behalf.”
A Drive thru option is now also available at 100 Woolworths stores. Shoppers now have the option of staying in their car and a Woolworths team member will bring their groceries out to their car. Even better the minimum spend for pick up is just $30 with no additional fee for the service.
Says Woolworths: “With Pick up, you can order your shopping online and then pick it up in store at a time that suits you. We carefully hand pick your order in store, and it's a totally free service.”
Both options require you to apply for Priority Assistance. Eligible customers include seniors, people with a disability and those with compromised immunity or who are required to self isolate.
To find your nearest Woolworths pick up location check here.
Products ordered online for priority pick up, delivery or Drive thru do have item restrictions.
Current shopping restrictions are:
2 per person per shop:
- Packet Side Dishes (pasta & pasta sauce meals only)
- Canned Tomatoes
- Canned Legumes
- All other Canned Vegetables
- Pasta (dried)
- Noodles (dried)
- Pasta Sauce
- Baked Beans & Canned Spaghetti
- Longlife Milk
- Frozen Vegetables
- Frozen Chips, Wedges & Hash Browns (no limit in store)
- Pre-packed Mince (no limit in store)
- Carrots (pre-packed)
Health & Beauty
- Hand Sanitiser
- Personal Wash (includes body wash & hand soap)
- Oral Care
- Medicinal (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Cough & Cold)
- Baby Care (excluding wipes)
- Hair Care (no limit in store)
- Vitamins (no limit in store)
- Cleaners & Disinfectants (excluding toilet cleaners)
- Sponges & Scourers (no limit in store)
- Aircare (no limit in store)
- Disposable Gloves
1-pack limit per customer, per shop
- Toilet paper
- Baby wipes
- Antibacterial wipes
- Paper towel
- Rice (2kg and over)
Liquor limits per customer, per shop online
- Beer, Cider, Premix Drinks, Spirits and Cask Wine combined - 1 x unit of any pack size
- Wine - 12 bottles
Watch: Women fight over toilet paper at Woolworths
Michelle Connolly has worked as a photo director, social media manager and photo editor at some of Australia's biggest media companies, including New Idea. She is now editor of Practical Parenting and loving mum-of-two.