Classic Anzac Biscuit recipe, chewy and crunchy!
Perfect to make with the kids.
By New Idea Food
April 05 2023
Commemorate Anzac Day with these traditional biscuits which are sure to please.
Watch: Chewy vs Crunchy ANZAC Cookies
Classic Anzac Biscuit recipe
1 cup traditional rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup caster sugar
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water
- Grease two oven trays. Line with baking paper.
- Place oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Dissolve soda in boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir into butter mixture until it froths. Remove from heat.
- Pour warm butter mixture over oat mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Press to flatten slightly.
- Cook, one tray at a time, in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Stand biscuits on a tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.