Breaking: Prime Minister Scott Morrison announces new lockdown rules - beauty parlours, nail salons & more all must close
Hairdressing appointments limited to 30 minutes only
By Amy Sinclair
March 24 2020
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced new restrictions on Australia in the face of the coronavirus pandemic, effectively placing the country into near-total lockdown.
The PM has announced that from midnight on Thursday, the new restrictions will ban the following:
- Food courts in shopping centres - however, take-away will be allowed
- Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, massage and tattoo parlours
- Auction houses
- Real estate auctions and open house inspections
- Weddings are restricted to couples, the celebrant and witnesses (no more than five people)
- Funerals have been restricted to no more than 10 people
- Outdoor and indoor markets - excluding food markets
- Amusement parks and arcades
- Play centres, both indoor and outdoor
- Community and recreation centres
- Personal training will be limited to 10 people, with social distancing strictly enforced
- Social and sporting-based activities, involving large groups
- Galleries, museums, libraries and community facilities
- Community clubs, halls and RSLs
Hairdressers and barber shops will be allowed to stay open, however appointments must be strictly limited to 30 minutes or less and social distancing rules must be followed.
Originally published on New Idea Food.
Amy Sinclair is a former editor who loves all things food, cooking and eating - especially the eating! When she's not looking after her three children, you'll find her in the kitchen or busily hiding online shopping purchases from her husband.