A onesie strangled my daughter
A mum shared her experience on Facebook to warn others
By Livia Gamble
January 19 2017
A mum is warning others about the dangers associated with onesies after her three-year-old daughter was almost suffocated while wearing one to bed.
Katie Price shared her experience on Facebook and it has since gone viral being shared over 27,000 times.
"Parents who own these zip up onesie Jammies similar to this or the same, DO NOT put your child to bed wearing this," Price wrote.
"I'm so thankful Sophie decided to climb in my bed an hour ago because if she didn't I don't know what could have happened."
Price’s daughter was wearing a pink zip-up onesie to bed. Price explains her daughter went quiet and made a “strange noise”. Turning around, she quickly realised she was “being choked by her onesie, the zip was too high on her neck and stopping her from breathing, she couldn't even tell me or try and get my attention because she was suffocating.”
In a later post, Price further explained how it happened.
"Just to Clarify for all those who are confused how this happened, she moved up, the onesie moved down at the back, the front tightened around her neck, with it being a zip, it got stuck and she couldn't loosen it, which resulted in her airways being pushed against and strangled basically,” she wrote, adding, “Zips on onesies are dangerous for this. Just wanted to warn parents not realising how much this status would blow up."